If you are running a small business it might be cost effective for you to do your own bookkeeping, but if you have never set up a set of accounts this can seem like a daunting task.
Training is held at your office, using your own data and covers all you need in order to maintain your books in an organised manner, allowing you to know where you stand financially at any time.
The pace and quantity of training is set to your own limits and topics are thoroughly covered and reviewed each session.
Training will include the following topics:
- Introduction to bookkeeping and good bookkeeping practices
- Understanding and setting up Sage
- Understanding and editing the nominal list and chart of accounts
- Setting up, posting invoices and balancing supplier and customer accounts
- Credit control and raising customer invoices
- Setting up and using products, projects, department modules
- Dealing with supplier payments and customer receipts
- Dealing with bank and cash payments
- Transferring money between accounts and recurring entries
- Bank reconciliation’s
- VAT returns
- Journal entries
- Making adjustments
- Dealing with payroll entries
- Running and understanding reports
- Preparing your system and running the year end
The training will provide you with lots of essential information to enable you to build a clear and accurate set of accounts.
You will need to purchase a Sage software licence, there are various options available and we can supply the software, please call to discuss your requirements.
Consultancy & Support
If you prepare your own books but occasionally need support or help with a tricky posting or year end preparations you can call on us by email or phone.
47 Barnes High Street, Barnes, London SW13 9LN
T: 020 8150 8508 / F: 020 8487 8284